Friday, August 7, 2015

breakfast at Nora and Anahid's

on my last day in Vancouver my great aunt and uncle Nora and Anahid invited me for breakfast at their house before my flight back to Toronto.

when we arrived they had the whole table set up with an assortment of cheeses, homemade jam (rose petal, cherry, apricot) eggs and soujuk, fresh herbs from their garden (mint) olives, honey, and fresh fruits and veggies (tomatoes and cucumber always).

their breakfast set up really made me think about how important breakfast is to Armenian families. it's always an elaborate spread of fresh and delicious ingredients. eggs and bacon or oatmeal sounds way too boring compared to their table.

it was the perfect end to my trip back home in Vancouver.



aren't they cute? they've been married for 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment